The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) has announced the winners of the 2017 EDspaces Innovation Awards. The competition recognizes manufacturers for excellence in product design for the learning environment.
November 2, 2017
The winners were announced at the EDspaces tradeshow and conference, held in Kansas City, Missouri, October 25 to 27.
“The design exists to improve the experience of end-users, and this year’s winners exemplify outstanding educational products that are elevating the learning environment,” said IIDA Executive Vice President and CEO Cheryl S. Durst, Hon. FIIDA, LEED AP. “We are so pleased to once again see form, function, and innovation on display at EDspaces.”
Here are the winners.
- “Best of” honors were awarded to CEF-Custom Educational Furnishings for The Edison Table
Click here for details.
- In the equipment category (playground equipment, A/V equipment, lectern/teaching station)
Bretford Manufacturing Inc. for its TechGuard Connect Charging Lockers
- In the flooring category (carpet/rugs, hard flooring/resilient)
Milliken & Company for Moraine
- In the furniture category (casegoods, children’s, display cases, student desk, systems, tables)
Viggi Corporation’s Vidget 3-in-1 Flexible Seating System and The Edison Table
from CEF-Custom Educational Furnishings
- In the seating category (classroom, conference, fixed, guest, lounge, task)
Howda Designz for its HowdaHUG Seats and Virco Inc.’s Virco C2M 4-Leg Chair
The products were evaluated by a panel of interior designers and architects. “This year’s winners illustrate the type of versatile, multiuse products that present much-needed solutions in educational environments,” said panelist Erika Moody, IIDA, principal, Helix Architecture + Design, on behalf of the jury.